Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDueling NetworkLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 80 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:41 am
Latest topics
» Recruiting
The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 8:55 pm by XxNightFangxX

» RESTESTS!!!!
The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 12:31 am by Kaito Tenjo

» srry for the typos
The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 4:16 pm by 1992arcanine

» How to prepare for the new cards and meta out there
The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 4:15 pm by 1992arcanine

» BUY YOUR DECK RECIPES!!!
The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:07 pm by wilie345

» Want a forum?
The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 2:38 am by (TDD) SoulRedeemer

» Here you will post if you want a test to see what dorm you are in
The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 1:28 am by toolboy

» b986574 Test Results
The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:42 am by Mystogan

» Pieater643 results
The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:28 am by Gagmaster1501

Affiliates
free forum

Dueling Network

Shadow Realm Duel Academy

The Tournament of the Types

Go down 
+9
(foolsparadise)bolt
(FoolsParadise)Watt
(KoC) Lost Soul
(KoC)Fireky2
(KoC) Hero
bugkiller
(Koc)Turtle_123
(TDD) SoulRedeemer
wilie345
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bugkiller
Exam Proctor
Exam Proctor
bugkiller

The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:43 pm

is it going to be a best out of 3 match type like the YCS format and locals?
Back to top Go down
(Koc)Turtle_123

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:20 pm

I will use warriors >Smile
Back to top Go down
bugkiller
Exam Proctor
Exam Proctor
bugkiller

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:40 pm

turtle im already using warriors
Back to top Go down
(FoolsParadise)Watt

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:06 pm

im gonna bulid rocks is pot of duality aloud?
Back to top Go down
bugkiller
Exam Proctor
Exam Proctor
bugkiller

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:35 pm

is it one person per type?
Back to top Go down
wilie345

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Yes I hoped to keep it to one person a type and spells and traps are free no matter what kind of deck. Monsters and archetype restriction was the main thing.
Back to top Go down
wilie345

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:08 pm

OK about the placing other criteria for the the tournament is just too complex to make a reality. So it's going to be purely based off winning. So the tournament will be starting soon, basically as soon as a round robin form can be set up. The two people that posted about joining using a type that was already called will have however long the first round takes to pick a new type and use it. They will face each other in the first round. Everyone will face each other during round robin play with scoring to be based off the following.

Each duel will be a best out of three match.
Each win will be worth 1 point.
A 2-0 match win will be worth 3 points. To make winning the first two worth more than a close match.

I'll try to figure out how to sticky a post and have the standings at the top as it goes, with some delay of me actually updating. For a round's score to be counted both participants must post the results.

To report the results us this format and post here.

Winner's name - # of victories
Loser's name - # of victories
Back to top Go down
wilie345

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:18 pm

Oh yeah i forgot to say each match needs to be spectated to see if each deck follows the requirements for this tournament. So for each match either Neo or I will need to be there for it to be official. Neo and I are not allowed to officiate our own duels. The official will post the results of the match using the format provided so competitors will not need to post unless there is a discrepancy.
Back to top Go down
wilie345

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Tournament is now live!!!

Round 1 Match ups
wilie345 - Dinosaurs vs. Neo - Spellcasters
bugkiller - Warrior vs. Hero - Beasts
Fireky2 - Fiends vs. Lout Soul - Zombies
turtle_123 ??? vs Watt ???

Each Round will last a few days so that participants have the time to play with either Neo or I watching to validate. Dues to possibly conflicting schedules deadlines are not fixed but shouldn't take longer than a week.

Watt and turtle_123 have the first round to pick a new type and enter the tournament. They will either duel each other this round or have a bye.

Good Luck everyone and let's have some fun.
Back to top Go down
(TDD) SoulRedeemer
Chancellor/Obelisk Blue Headmaster
(TDD) SoulRedeemer

PostSubject: wilie and neo   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:12 am

Wilie345 - 2
Neo - 1
Back to top Go down
https://foolsparadise.darkbb.com
bugkiller
Exam Proctor
Exam Proctor
bugkiller

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 4:20 pm

hero hit me up so we can do this xD
Back to top Go down
bugkiller
Exam Proctor
Exam Proctor
bugkiller

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:53 am

hero we still need to do our duel pls send me a message so we can set up a time and day we can do this
Back to top Go down
wilie345

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Do to the apparent loss of the Tournament of the Strange I will be restarting this tournament. For all newcomers please check the first post on this topic for rules. Due to the restart all types are open and must be locked down again. I will see if I can set up that Challonge (sp?) site for this as well. Otherwise I'll set up each round like a round robin style.

Entry will be closed This Tuesday night so the first round can commence. After checking out the Calonge site, I don't know how nimblefrog did it, but i know how to make a bracket once i have all participants' names so i can make it then.

I'm locking in dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
Kaito Tenjo

Kaito Tenjo

PostSubject: Tournament   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:22 pm

If it isn't full yet I'll join with machines
Back to top Go down
(TDD) SoulRedeemer
(TDD) SoulRedeemer

PostSubject: Question   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Can we use like a few achetypes? or none at all?

Nvm An i am using Psychics!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://foolsparadise.darkbb.com
(KOC)PAUL

PostSubject: if it's not too late, i'll join   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:10 am

using infernities
Back to top Go down
bugkiller
Exam Proctor
Exam Proctor
bugkiller

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 7:42 am

infernitys is an archtype and far as i know from before we cant use them the ones we can use are just a type build, type is like rock, plants, pyro, ect

and btw i still have my warrior deck and never got to duel hero he seemed to disappeared
Back to top Go down
wilie345

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Here's the rules fo those who have not noticed or bothered to check the first post as suggested before. Psychics are not allowed and yes infernities are an archetype, not a type. Types as bugkiller correctly mentioned is like warrior, pyro, sea serpent.

OK I want to make a tournament just to get something more than exam testing going here. I also want this to be filled with unusual decks and not just the Meta or Meta variant. So I'm proposing a tournament of types.
The rules specific to this tournament are as follows:
1) All monsters in the deck are to be of one type (including extra deck).
2) Archetypes are frowned upon.
- A few cards from an archetype is ok, but try to shy away from filling it with them.
3) In order to create a wide array of decks, It will be first come first serve with choosing a type.
4) Also in order to keep any type competitive with others the following top types are banned.
- Plant
- Dragon
- Psychic (because they are basically and archetype themselves)

To sign up, just post here with what type you'd like to use and we'll go on from there.

*NEW* staple cards that are allowed regardless of type
Effect veiler
Sangan
Maxx "C"
Morphing Jar
Back to top Go down
wilie345

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:25 pm

Ok entrance into this tournament closes tomorrow night and we only have 3 entries.

Bugkiller - Warrior
Kaito - Machines
wilie345 - dinosaurs

Maybe 4 with redeemer if he picks something else. Psychics are not allowed.
You still have time to enter this fun tournament to show off your creativity and ability to come up with strategies. The rules are the very first post in this thread, join up and the schedule will be made.
Back to top Go down
Akellon

PostSubject: Machines    The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:41 pm

machine machine machine im the king of machines you Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kaito Tenjo

Kaito Tenjo

PostSubject: Tournament   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:58 pm

Is it too late to change? If it isn't can I change my deck to rocks?
Back to top Go down
wilie345

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 6:12 pm

OK i know it was supposed to close last night but we only have 5 participants.

Kaito - Rocks
Akellon - Machine
bugkiller - Warrior
Redeemer - Fish/sea serpent I forget which
wilie345 - Dinosaurs

We can work it with 5 but do we have other active members who would want to play? I don't see many others on here anymore.
Back to top Go down
Kaito Tenjo

Kaito Tenjo

PostSubject: Tourny Rules   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Am I allowed to use 4 cards that are in the same, archytype
Back to top Go down
(TDD) LostSoul

(TDD) LostSoul

PostSubject: add me up    The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 8:49 pm

ill be using sum zombies
Back to top Go down
Kaito Tenjo

Kaito Tenjo

PostSubject: Zombies Deck   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 10:37 am

(TDD) LostSoul wrote:
ill be using sum zombies

Zombies have a feild spell called zombie world that changes all cads on feild and graveyard into zombies. It also stops us from tribute summoning non zombies. That could be a really unfair advantage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Tournament of the Types
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next