Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDueling NetworkLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 80 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:41 am
Latest topics
» Recruiting
The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 8:55 pm by XxNightFangxX

» RESTESTS!!!!
The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 12:31 am by Kaito Tenjo

» srry for the typos
The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 4:16 pm by 1992arcanine

» How to prepare for the new cards and meta out there
The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 4:15 pm by 1992arcanine

» BUY YOUR DECK RECIPES!!!
The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:07 pm by wilie345

» Want a forum?
The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 2:38 am by (TDD) SoulRedeemer

» Here you will post if you want a test to see what dorm you are in
The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 1:28 am by toolboy

» b986574 Test Results
The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:42 am by Mystogan

» Pieater643 results
The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:28 am by Gagmaster1501

Affiliates
free forum

Dueling Network

Shadow Realm Duel Academy

The Tournament of the Types

Go down 
+9
(foolsparadise)bolt
(FoolsParadise)Watt
(KoC) Lost Soul
(KoC)Fireky2
(KoC) Hero
bugkiller
(Koc)Turtle_123
(TDD) SoulRedeemer
wilie345
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
wilie345

The Tournament of the Types Empty
PostSubject: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:45 pm

OK I want to make a tournament just to get something more than exam testing going here. I also want this to be filled with unusual decks and not just the Meta or Meta variant. So I'm proposing a tournament of types.
The rules specific to this tournament are as follows:
1) All monsters in the deck are to be of one type (including extra deck).
2) Archetypes are frowned upon.
- A few cards from an archetype is ok, but try to shy away from filling it with them.
3) In order to create a wide array of decks, It will be first come first serve with choosing a type.
4) Also in order to keep any type competitive with others the following top types are banned.
- Plant
- Dragon
- Psychic (because they are basically and archetype themselves)

To sign up, just post here with what type you'd like to use and we'll go on from there.

*NEW* staple cards that are allowed regardless of type
Effect veiler
Sangan
Maxx "C"
Morphing Jar

Last edited by wilie345 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
(TDD) SoulRedeemer
Chancellor/Obelisk Blue Headmaster
(TDD) SoulRedeemer

PostSubject: Fiary's   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:16 pm

I will use Spellcaster's sunny flower afro Razz Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Laughing Cool Shocked Surprised Very Happy lol!

Last edited by (FoolsParadise)Neo on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://foolsparadise.darkbb.com
(Koc)Turtle_123

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:22 pm

I will use Synchrons Wink
Back to top Go down
bugkiller
Exam Proctor
Exam Proctor
bugkiller

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:38 pm

I will make a warrior deck then xD been sitting on a warrior deck formula for a long time what better way to test eh?
Back to top Go down
wilie345

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm gonna say dinosaurs, but i may change it at a later time for something that is open.
Back to top Go down
wilie345

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 11:01 pm

(Koc)Turtle_123 wrote:
I will use Synchrons Wink

Careful synchrons aren't a type. A type is like fairies, warriors, spellcasters and things like that.
Back to top Go down
(KoC) Hero

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:20 am

im gonna use beast
Back to top Go down
(KoC)Fireky2

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:21 am

archetypes frowned upon... you arent making this easy, ok I'll choose fiends then and ill try my hardest not to make it dark worlds...
Back to top Go down
(KoC) Lost Soul
Exam Proctor
Exam Proctor

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:44 am

ill be using zombies
Back to top Go down
wilie345

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:52 am

(KoC)Fireky2 wrote:
archetypes frowned upon... you arent making this easy

That's the point. I really want to see what everyone is capable of, building with our hands basically tied. Also with archetypes some types just get way better than others i wanted to make it as even as possible so people don't feel bad using Pyro types or something.
Back to top Go down
(KoC)Fireky2

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:01 am

wilie345 wrote:
(KoC)Fireky2 wrote:

That's the point. I really want to see what everyone is capable of, building with our hands basically tied. Also with archetypes some types just get way better than others i wanted to make it as even as possible so people don't feel bad using Pyro types or something.

Yeah i understand, i have a question though, are tour guides fair game, or are they a little over powered? I can really only use them for djinns anyways.
BTW i dont know if you heard but lavals are pretty good :p
Back to top Go down
bugkiller
Exam Proctor
Exam Proctor
bugkiller

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:03 am

what about support cards like morphing jar or sangan used in any of the decks they still fair game for deck consistency?
Back to top Go down
(FoolsParadise)Watt

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:05 am

(KoC)Fireky2 wrote:
wilie345 wrote:
(KoC)Fireky2 wrote:

Yeah i understand, i have a question though, are tour guides fair game, or are they a little over powered? I can really only use them for djinns anyways.

but lavals are a archtype
Back to top Go down
(KoC)Fireky2

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:07 am

(FoolsParadise)Watt wrote:
(KoC)Fireky2 wrote:
wilie345 wrote:
(KoC)Fireky2 wrote:

but lavals are a archtype

fair enough
Back to top Go down
(FoolsParadise)Watt

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:07 am

if lavals are aloud then count me in
Back to top Go down
wilie345

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:17 am

I've been thinking about cards like morphing jar, sangan and veiler and other staples that don't win games by themselves. I'm leaning to allowing a select few, but putting it up for a consensus.

Cards I'm saying shouldn't be allowed unless they fit the type.
Black Luster Soldier Envoy of the beginning
Tour guide of the Underworld
Snowman eater
Spacian grand mole

If these fit your type. Go for it, but otherwise i'm thinking no.
Back to top Go down
(foolsparadise)bolt
Ra Yellow Headmaster
Ra Yellow Headmaster
(foolsparadise)bolt

PostSubject: deck   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 2:48 am

Fairys for life Very Happy
Back to top Go down
(KoC) Lost Soul
Exam Proctor
Exam Proctor

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 2:57 am

still gonna try my zombies
Back to top Go down
(foolsparadise)bolt
Ra Yellow Headmaster
Ra Yellow Headmaster
(foolsparadise)bolt

PostSubject: hel[p   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:08 am

EXtra so hard pls allow extra tell me what card is allow tongue
Back to top Go down
(foolsparadise)bolt
Ra Yellow Headmaster
Ra Yellow Headmaster
(foolsparadise)bolt

PostSubject: !!1   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:08 am

I using machine can i use machina inside
Back to top Go down
(foolsparadise)bolt
Ra Yellow Headmaster
Ra Yellow Headmaster
(foolsparadise)bolt

PostSubject: i quit   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:52 am

i quit
Back to top Go down
(TDD) SoulRedeemer
(TDD) SoulRedeemer

PostSubject: Noo!!!   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:45 pm

Machina is an archetype
Back to top Go down
https://foolsparadise.darkbb.com
wilie345

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Edited the first post about cards like morphing jar and sangan. If you think any other cards should be included say something soon.
Back to top Go down
bugkiller
Exam Proctor
Exam Proctor
bugkiller

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 1:24 pm

when will the tourney start?
Back to top Go down
wilie345

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:33 pm

We have 6 people who have signed up. Here's the list.

wilie345 - Dinosaurs
Neo - Spellcasters
bugkiller - Warrior
Fireky2 - Fiends
Hero - Beasts
Lout Soul - Zombies

I'm tempted to keep it open to allow other to join in and try some more obscure types, but it does seem like interest has died down. I'm also entertaining the idea that originality of a deck can be factored into this tournament. Winning will be a major factor. Also with 6 contenders a round robin style could work. That's where other factors beyond winning could come in. Over the next few days i'm going to try to devise a reasonable scoring system to factor in other areas. If i can't figure out a good way it will be a straight forward bracket. I'm hoping to have everything figured out by Wednesday, since this week is going to be busy for me, but opens up for the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tournament of the Types   The Tournament of the Types I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Tournament of the Types
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next