Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDueling NetworkLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 80 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:41 am
Latest topics
» Recruiting
Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 8:55 pm by XxNightFangxX

» RESTESTS!!!!
Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 12:31 am by Kaito Tenjo

» srry for the typos
Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 4:16 pm by 1992arcanine

» How to prepare for the new cards and meta out there
Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 4:15 pm by 1992arcanine

» BUY YOUR DECK RECIPES!!!
Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:07 pm by wilie345

» Want a forum?
Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 2:38 am by (TDD) SoulRedeemer

» Here you will post if you want a test to see what dorm you are in
Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 1:28 am by toolboy

» b986574 Test Results
Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:42 am by Mystogan

» Pieater643 results
Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:28 am by Gagmaster1501

Affiliates
free forum

Dueling Network

Shadow Realm Duel Academy

Monster introduction: Basics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Altera

Altera

Monster introduction: Basics Empty
PostSubject: Monster introduction: Basics   Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:35 am

If you're reading this, chances are you've just started playing Yu-Gi-Oh and don't really know how the game works, and that's why I'm here. I'm not gonna waste any more of you're time with things that have nothing to do with the game anymore, so here it goes:
The 1st ruling is basic monster summoning. a monster that has a lvl of 4 and below (lvls=number of stars on the card) can be normal summoned Without tribute. A normal summon can only be preformed once per turn unless an effect allows different, like the spell card double summon. A monster with a lvl that is higher than 4 requires a tribute in order to be normal summoned (unless an effect says otherwise) and the number of tributes are decided by their lvls:

lvls 5-6: 1 tribute

lvls 7-8: 2 tributes

lvls 9-10: 3 tributes

Usualy, the higher the monster's lvl, the more Overpowered the attack but that's not all there is to the game. monsters with effects can be used in order for strategies to be used. This is very important in building a good deck, among other things. There's a main visible difference in each type of monster , and that is the color of the card:

Normal monsters: Yellow. Have absolutly no effects on their own. used due to either their name, lvl, Attribute (Indicated on the top right corner of the card) or type of monster, such as Dinosaur or Machine (Indicated inside the description box of the card)

Effect monsters: Light brown. Effects on their own. Usualy what they're used for.

There are other types of monsters as well, but those come later. As the title dictates, this is only the basics for monsters.

Back to top Go down
1992arcanine

1992arcanine

PostSubject: tributing rules   Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 3:41 am

Tribute Summon (called Advance Summon in the OCG, previously called Sacrifice Summon) is a form of Normal Summoning a Level 5 or higher monster by Tributing another monster(s) you control. Level 5 and 6 require one Tribute, while Level 7 and higher require two Tributes.
Tributing a monster for a Tribute Summon is a cost. Therefore, if the Tribute Summon is negated, the Tributed monster(s) won't return to the field.
Back to top Go down
Kaito Tenjo

Kaito Tenjo

PostSubject: Tributes Summon   Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Level 7+ = 2 tributes
I think 3 is only for when the card effect requires 3
Back to top Go down
1992arcanine

1992arcanine

PostSubject: Re: Monster introduction: Basics   Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Kaito Tenjo wrote:
Level 7+ = 2 tributes
I think 3 is only for when the card effect requires 3

u r correct even some lvl 8 n lower monster require 3 in order to get their effs such as gilford the lighting and barborus
Back to top Go down
Kaito Tenjo

Kaito Tenjo

PostSubject: Other Monsters   Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:08 pm

There are other types of monsters in Yu-Gi-Oh.
Fusions: Purple colored usually summoned through card effects by sending the fusion materials listed to the graveyard using a fusion spell.
Synchros: White colored cards summond by sending a tuner and atleast 1 non tuner monster to the graveyard whose level total the synchros level. Some require a specific monster to be used or a specific amount.
Xyz: Black colored card. Summoned by placing the correct monsters on top of eachother and putting the xyz over it. The cards u need are listed on the Xyz usually 2 cards of the same level, sometimes more.
Back to top Go down
(TDD) SoulRedeemer
Chancellor/Obelisk Blue Headmaster
Chancellor/Obelisk Blue Headmaster
(TDD) SoulRedeemer

PostSubject: Teacher   Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Why dont become a teacher tenjo? lol!
Back to top Go down
https://foolsparadise.darkbb.com
Akellon

PostSubject: you now the game    Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:20 pm

im a new member nice to meet everyone you guys good all of you alright
Back to top Go down
Kaito Tenjo

Kaito Tenjo

PostSubject: Re: Monster introduction: Basics   Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:42 pm

(TDD) SoulRedeemer wrote:
Why dont become a teacher tenjo? lol!

can I?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster introduction: Basics   Monster introduction: Basics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster introduction: Basics
Page 1 of 1